Legal Aid of the Bluegrass
We resolve the most important problems of low income and other vulnerable people by providing high quality legal assistance through direct representation, education, advice, advocacy and coordination with other community resources. We envision a community where all are treated with dignity, respect and fairness and do not lack the basic necessities of life.
300 East Main Street Suite 110
Lexington, KY 40507
Our clients are veterans, elderly nursing home residents, those suffering abuse at the hands of a loved one, people with a barrier to employment and those who are financially exploited. The people we serve are particularly vulnerable, often living with the risk of losing something be it their home, job, health, safety or independence.Through the legal system our attorneys and paralegals can preserve the home, protect assets, stop the violence, remove employment barriers, and support families towards the goal of achieving maximum independence and safety.
We help people:
- Free themselves from violence with properly framed protection orders, divorces, and child support and custody.
- Maintain housing through eviction defense, foreclosure assistance, and advocating when living conditions are unsafe or lockouts and utility shut offs occur.
- When government or public benefits are wrongly denied, terminated or reduced.
- Improve their family income through criminal record expungements, bankruptcy when appropriate, and assisting with consumer fraud, debtor harassment or wage garnishment issues.
- With life planning documents.
- With other complex legal issues such as veterans benefits.
- Pro Bono Attorneys