Children's Advocacy Center of the Bluegrass
The Children's Advocacy Center of the Bluegrass is dedicated to reducing the trauma experienced by child victims of sexual abuse. We provide a coordinated, multi-disciplinary approach to the investigation, prosecution, and treatment of child sexual abuse cases in Central Kentucky. Each year, nearly 850 children come to the Center for forensic interviews, medical examinations, counseling and support. All services are provided in a friendly and safe environment at no cost to a child's family.
162 N. Ashland Ave.
Lexington, KY 40502
Sexual abuse as a child can have extremely negative long-term effects. Statistics show that children who expereince abuse at a young age are more likely to go to prison. Child abuse is often a precursor to alcohol and drug addiction. By providing free therapy and counseling, our goal is to help these children overcome the trauma of their abuse.
- Play Doh - Kids use play-doh to calm themselves while talking about their experience of abuse.
- Snacks - Every child that comes through our door is offered a snack (goldfish, crackers, juiceboxes, etc.). Food is a comfort to everyone!
- Recordable DVD's and Cases - Every interview with a child is recorded and put on DVD for Law Enforcement officers and Social Service Caseworkers
- Printer Paper - We print LOTS of information and resources to give to parents and families.
- Gas Cars/Kroger Cards - Many families who come to our center need further support. Helping them pay for gas to get to our center is just one more way we help.