c/o Transylvania University 300 North Broadway
Lexington, KY 40508
• CMA is the only school in central KY that gives free weekly private music lessons.
• In free private lessons and group classes during the 2016-17 school year, we are serving 110 students on 21 different instruments.
• The lessons students learn while studying music help them to be more precise, to be better listeners, to collaborate well with others, to express themselves, and to persevere when setting and achieving goals.
• In May, we graduated 5 seniors, continuing CMA's historical 100% high school graduation rate. And including the class of 2017, 98% of these graduating seniors have also gone on to college or the military!
• CMA was named a 2017 National Arts and Humanities Youth Program Award Finalist.
• CMA students have successfully auditioned into Lexington's School for the Creative and Performing Arts, the Central Kentucky Youth Orchestras, and all-district/all-state choir, band, and orchestra.
• We are diverse. 45% of our students are Caucasian, 34% are African American, 12% are Hispanic, 7% are Bi-racial, and 2% are Asian or Pacific Islander.
• Nearly half of our teachers have master's or doctorate degrees in music.
• Summer camps include a World Percussion camp and a chamber strings camp; group classes have included a jazz improv class, a Bluegrass ensemble, a rock band, a guitar class, and a "Wee Move and Groove" class for preschool-aged kids.
• Volunteers for outreach events and recitals
• Gift certificates/prizes for student recipients
• Instrument repair services